Skin Cancer Management
*No referral needed from GP
Wellcare Skin Cancer Services
What we offer:
At Wellcare we specialise in skin cancer and melanoma detection. That’s why we’re one of the most thorough and trusted skin cancer detection centers in Australia.
We combine state-of-the-art technology with the skills of the highly qualified practitioners and have a far higher chance of diagnosing melanoma at an early stage, when it is most treatable.
Summary of our services:
- Comprehensive head-to-toe skin examination
- Complete recording of all skin lesions in high risk patients
- Sequential Monitoring of moles over time
- Surgical excision of skin cancer
- Corporate skin check
Why we are different:
- we have highly qualified dermatology trained doctors with years of experience in skin cancer detection and management.
- We use the most modern State-of –the –art technology for detection of melanoma and other skin cancer
- Same day appointment for few spot check
- Flexible hours –accessible some after hours period and weekend
- Service is fully bulk billed for pensioners, concession card holders and children
- Free assessment of skin lesion of concern – simply email us the picture of skin lesion of concern – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free skin cancer education for kids
This option is the most frequent performed and preferred option by the doctor as it ensures there are no areas unchecked, as melanoma can arise in any part of the body.
A thorough head-to-toe skin check by a Skin Cancer Doctor and, if required, further imaging of all significant moles for subsequent expert diagnosis.
We offer same day appointment for checking up to 3 skin spots .
Identify up to three moles that you are worried about to be assessed by the Skin Cancer Doctor, he can then provide information on the areas and advise on next steps, or provide education on detecting changes in your moles.
Skin Cancer Education
Knowledge is power, which is why we want you to know what lesions to look out for and how to protect yourself and your family. Many Wellcare patients have identified skin cancer on their friends and family members after their appointment with Wellcare.
Why not take your kids along to your appointment with you and the doctor can educate them about skin cancer though interactive, fun videos, in the same room, while you continue with your appointment.
For more information about Type of skin cancer click here.
For Images of common skin cancers click here.
For health care card-holders, pensioners and children, skin cancer services are fully bulk-billed.
Routine skin checks, first appointments and annual or biannual routine skin examinations have a $33 gap fee on top of Medicare bulk billing.
Studies show that, on average, 2 out of 3 Australians will develop skin cancer. Fortunately if detected early enough skin cancer can be one of the most treatable cancers.
Our focus here at Wellcare Medical Centre is to provide companies/businesses/organisations with the highest level of pro-active health care for their employees.
If you are located in south Brisbane or within the city, Wellcare Medical Centre can visit your workplace to provide convenient, state-of-the-art skin cancer screenings for your employees.
Working closely with clients in the corporate, mining, government and construction trade industries, Wellcare Medical Centre know exactly what is required to deliver competent and accurate skin cancer screenings with minimal disruption to your business activity.
WELLCARE ONSITE SKIN CANCER SCREENINGS AID TO:
- Reduce your company’s risk of liability related to workplace skin cancers
- Provide an important way to improve or support a high standard of OHS practices
- Minimise employee downtime through efficient on-site services
- Educate all staff on the best methods of sun protection whilst at work
- Add value to your business with a Sun Protection Policy and risk assessment report
All patients are provided an on-the-spot report with the outcome of their consultation. In circumstances where an area of risk is identified patients will be provided with the appropriate information on what next steps to take of their treatment, this generally involves referring the participant back to their own Health Care Provider, or where necessary, organizing a specialist consultation.
Please call Wellcare Medical Centre today to organise an on-site Skin Cancer Screening for your business/organisation – (07)3133 4483.