The combination of aging and the harsh Australian sun can be hard on your skin, but skin rejuvenation treatment can restore your beautiful complexion. Skin rejuvenation is designed to address the causes of aging, improve skin health, and reduce visible imperfections.
Here at Wellcare Medical we have several skin rejuvenation options to renew and revitalize dull, dry skin, many of which focus on facial rejuvenation. Also, our experienced doctor can prescribe a skin regime that can help slow the ageing process.
Aging and the skin
Aging skin is a combination of both intrinsic and extrinsic factors. Intrinsic, or internal factors, are difficult to control, as they are due to the natural aging process, and include collagen depletion and decreased cell regeneration. However, we can exert some control over the extrinsic or external factors of aging, such as sun exposure and smoking.
Skin rejuvenation procedures available at Wellcare Medical include:
- Chemical Peels: Acid peels are a great way to resurface the skin. Peels exfoliate the damaged outer layer of skin and tackle problems such as age spots, wrinkles, fine lines, and acne scars, to leave your skin firmer, younger, and fresher.
- Dermapen Micro-needling: Micro-needling is a less invasive way to improve the appearance of wrinkles and acne scars, and it also stimulates the body’s natural healing.
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy: PRP is cosmetic treatment that uses the patient’s own platelets, and offers improvement in skin tone and texture for up to 24 months.
- Injectables: Anti-wrinkle injections and dermal fillers combat existing wrinkles, reduce wrinkle development, and restore volume. They also increase collagen production, creating stronger, firmer skin in the long term.
- The best skin rejuvenation treatment for you will depend on several factors including your age and skin type.
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is a big part of keeping the skin looking healthy after treatment.
Often times the best treatment for a more revitalized, youthful face involves a combination of the aforementioned procedures. Therefore, you need a customized plan based on your skin condition and goals.
Call Dr. Mohsen and Wellcare today at (07)3133 4483 for a consultation to learn achieving a more youthful and rejuvenated face.